Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering...


I was in the kitchen of our Val Vista Lakes home. The kids were getting ready for their school day. News channel 3 was on the TV, as it has been, every morning for well over 20 years. The vivid images, that still remain in my mind, came across the screen. It was time to get going. Time to take the kids to school. The boys to the bus stop.I took the kids to school. When I returned home, I went right to the TV. At that point, I was nervous. I got back in the car, and went, and picked up all of the kiddos. They had just made it to school, an hour or two before. We spent the day together, at home. Safe...our haven.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Bren's Life said...

Beautiful picture of the flad. There is a great video on LDS.ORG you should watch it.

September 11, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger sista # 2 said...

The scene sounds so familiar!Can't you just hear Lee Greenwood's song right now!?

September 11, 2009 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger donna said...

that will be a day we will always remember.

September 11, 2009 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger andermom said...

Too many people have forgotten. I remember in the weeks following 9/11 every single house on our culdasac (8 homes) had a flag flying. Today there were just two of us. Driving home this morning the radio played a tribute and the tears were streaming out of my eyes. Never will I forget those feelings of uncertainty and yet that turned into such a sense of patriotism in America. That part was nice.

September 11, 2009 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

It is amazing how this day will always be imprinted on everyone's mind. My memory too is so vivid! It really makes us realize what is important---FAMILY!!! You are such an example of that. You always put your family first.

September 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I am so glad things are going well over there. I was a little worried when you were gone for so long.

I remember exactly what I was doing on that day. Such a sad day and I was glued for the weeks so follow.

September 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home